Mezcal Del Maguey Chichicapa - 750ml
Del Maguey brings you a collection of Single Village® Mezcal made in the lush, remote mountains, plains and valleys of Oaxaca (wa-haka), Mexico. Each mezcal is named for the village where it is made.
Chichicapa has a medium nose and a complex taste with lots of citrus and a long, smooth finish with overtones of mint. The pueblo elevation is 5052 ft. (1540 meters) in a broad valley with a desert and tropical micro-climate.
Del Maguey mezcals are twice distilled and unblended from 100% mature agave Espadin and are produced the original, 400-year-old hand-crafted way. Production is limited to exclusive quantities per year to preserve quality. There are no chemicals, colourings or additives ever used in any Del Maguey, Single Village® Mezcal.
- Village: San Balthazar Chichicapa
- Palenquero: Faustino Garcia Vasquez, Maximino Garcia Chávez
- State: Oaxaca
- Region: Valles Centrales
- Maguey: Espadin
- Agave Species: A. angustifolia haw
- Age of Maguey: 7-8 years
- Elevation: 1540 meters (5052 feet)
- Roast Duration: 4-5 days
- Type of Wood: Sabino, Encino, Ocote, Eucalyptus, Huamuchil
- Milling: Molino, Horse
- Size of Tinas: 1700 L
- Fermentation Duration: 6-8 days
- Water Source: Well
- Still Type: Copper
- Still Size: 350 L
- ABV of Mezcal: 46%