Del Maguey San Pedro Taviche - 750ml
Extremely hard to obtain.
Del Maguey brings you this very limited edition Vino de Mezcal™ series made in a remote mountain valley corner of Ocotlan, Oaxaca. We have worked nine long years to finally make this particular mezcal available. Taviche gets its unique flavor from the blending of three wild agaves; 100% mature unpropigated Espadin, Tobala and Tobasiche. The earth roasted hearts are ground by men using giant mallets, fermented naturally by airborne microbes and distilled slowly twice in a tiny 150 liter copper still. Taviche has many layers of dried sweet fruit (dates and raisins), hazelnuts, sweet cedar and a hint of standing in a chocolate mist. In the background are dark herbaceous hints of dried tarragon and a bit of nutmeg.
- State: Oaxaca
- Palenquero:Albert “Beto” Hernandez Luis, Juan Hernandez, Laurentino Hernandez
- Region: Valles Centrales
- Maguey: Espadin, Tobala and Tobasiche
- Agave Species: A. angustifolia haw, A. potatorum, A. karwinski
- Age of Maguey: 8-30 years
- Elevation: 1600 M (5250 feet)
- Size of Tinas: 1400 L
- Milling: By hand with mallets
- Still Type: Copper
- Still Size: 150 L
- ABV of Mezcal: 49%